Sports Injury Clinic
Richard Pannell has established a long-standing reputation for providing high quality physiotherapy care and has treated some high profile local professional sportsmen and women, including Cath Endecott and Plymouth Albion Rugby Club. Following a thorough assessment, you will receive evidence-based treatment tailored to you, to speed the healing process and enable you to return to your maximum fitness levels.
- Back and Neck Pain
- Foot and Leg Pain
- Sports Injury Clinic
- Sports Massage
- Remedial Massage Therapy
- Structural Integration
Richard Pannell is a Registered Physiotherapist and
Greg specialises in Sports and Remedial Massage.
- Foot Injuries ~ Plantar Fasciitis, bruised heals, blisters
- Leg and Ankle injuries ~ shin splints, Ankle & Calf strain
- Knee Injuries ~ ACL Injury, Patella pain, Jumper's Knee
- Thigh injuries ~ Pulled Hamstring, Thigh strain, Contusion
- Acute and Chronic low back pain, Sciatica, Slipped disc
- Shoulder injuries ~ Dislocated shoulder, Joint sprain
- Elbow Injuries ~ Tennis elbow, Golfers elbow, Bursitis
A personalised program of treatments
Physiotherapy is not just about dealing with injuries it can often prevent injury from occurring or reduce the probability of it happening, with the treatments comes understanding, which is often the key to prevention. Effective sports massage can help maintain the body in a generally better condition and in some cases even enhance performance.
Richard as a registered physiotherapist Plymouth offers a comprehensive range of treatments to help you recover quickly from injury or illness. As a long established physiotherapist in Plymouth Richard will work closely with you helping you to quickly get back to your best, regardless of whether you're suffering with an acute injury, sports injury, long term illness or simply to improve your performance, wellbeing and health.
A combination of treatments which may include
- Mobilisation and Manipulation
- Soft & Deep Tissue Techniques
- Electrotherapy e.g. Ultrasound
- Exercise based Rehabilitation
- Taping / Strapping
- Referral for MRI/X-ray/CT scan
Sports Massage as a therapy ~ more information
It can be used to aid recovery from injury, prevent injury, or be used as part of a long-term training programme, Potential benefits from having a sports massage can include:
- Increased flexibility and range of motion
- Reduced injury healing time
- Improved circulation
- Reduced muscle tension, cramping and inflammation